Tuesday, January 13, 2009

R.I.P. Ray Dennis Steckler

Ray Dennis Steckler (1938-2009)

I ran across this today, six days late. I hadn't read about it on any of my regular movie sites, so it seems to have slipped through the cracks.

Instead of eulogizing him in a brief paragraph, here is a nice little article about him. There is also a great piece about him in Re/Search #10: Incredibly Strange Films.

I've seen a few of his movies and they have their charm and a level of energy that proved he liked what he was doing. He was a man who knew what he wanted to make and made them. Exploitation was his game and he played it well.

I feel he also holds the record for best title ever: The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies (1963). Yes, that is the actual title.

No comments: