Friday, January 9, 2009

Profile: Oh, Rita

I've always been fascinated with Rita Hayworth. An amazingly beautiful woman who had a low self esteem. It's one of those things that baffles me. It always fascinates me when beautiful people are self conscious. I think it's a thing that makes most average folks like me scratch their head. Plus, she was married at one point in time to Orson Welles and then Prince Aly Kahn. That's just nuts!

So, I was watching Affair in Trinidad (1952) earlier and was still blown away at her incredible beauty. The film itself is mediocre. It is called a rehash of Gilda (1946), but I also see quite a bit of Hitchcock's Notorious (1946) running through its veins.

Too much yacking. I just wanted to run some photos of this beautiful woman.





















She used to say, "Men fell in love with Gilda, but they wake up with me." It's funny, sad and shows that there was a very complex woman all in one small statement. She does not fail to continue to impress.

No comments: