Thursday, May 14, 2009

POV: Cannes 2009


I'm a big fan of the Cannes Film Festival. It just feels like the heart of cinema to me. It never seems pretentious in the way of what it shows. The same festival that awarded A Taste Of Cherry (1997) the Palm d'Or, gave the same prize to Pulp Fiction (1994). It's a passionate festival. People boo at screenings! That's awesome isn't it? A place where love for film runs so high you'll actually get into arguments in the theater with other people.

This is a different year for me unfortunately and fortunately. Usually I get to see the opening ceremony and closing night on television, but not this year. Instead I have to settle for the internet. But this is also a bonus because they are covering all sorts of events and putting them up on the official site.


It started yesterday and runs through the 24th. Check it out. They update videos daily and odds are at some point you'll run across a film that piques your interest.

No comments: