Thursday, April 9, 2009

Posters: Star Trek (2009)

I'm nervous about the new movie. Yes, there has been positive word of mouth coming from people who saw it in Austin Texas recently, but there were mitigating circumstances to that.

This poster doesn't do much for me as far as calming my nerves. It's too simple, to plain, just kind of boring and doesn't give me any sense of the ride that I'll be taken on.


Is it supposed to represent the blank slate we're to have walking into this film? Is it the point of view from a glaucoma victim watching the Enterprise jump into warp speed? I don't know, it just feels...off.

I prefer this one:


I'm guessing it's the Spanish or Italian poster from the tag line. It does have a bit of a disaster movie feel to it, but there are no floating heads to remind me that it looks like the cast of Melrose Space.

No comments: