Friday, April 3, 2009

Clip Art: His Kind Of Woman

His Kind Of Woman (1951)
dir. John Farrow



I'd written about this a in an Eclectic Choice a few months ago. I recently re-watched this and I think it's just a really well made film. It moves smoothly between some very dark material, to crazy comedy, to the seductive moves of Mitchum and Russell with a fluidity you rarely see in any film. It' so well balanced that I'm starting to feel that director John Farrow is one of the more under appreciated directors. This guy made some fabulous films and only Noirheads seem to know about him.

I chose this small scene because it really captures the humor and chemistry of the film. Vincent Price's ego fueled actor is marvelous all the way though and watch how Russell reacts to Mitchum's smooth compliment.



If you enjoyed this, check out the entire film. You wont be disappointed.

No comments: