Friday, August 14, 2009

POV: Lovin' The Arclight

For those who are not from Los Angeles or have never ventured here, we have a great theater called The Arclight. They are the home of the Cinerama Dome and deliver some of the best visual and sound quality around. They also have selective seating which is great when you buy tickets on line. Choose your seat and show up just before the film starts. It's brilliant and a great time saver.

They also have amazing screenings of older films all the time, usually in conjunction with the AFI. But last night the screened what I consider to be the oddest choice of all.


Yep, the direct to video piece of trash brought to us by the always trashy Asylum, Mega-Shark Vs. Giant Octopus(2009). What makes it even better is having Lamas show up to do a Q&A. I have no idea what this guy could talk about, unless the answer is, "I need a paycheck and no one else will hire me."

Now, admittedly I would have gone had I not already seen the movie, but to watch Lamas stumble through a Q&A just wasn't enough to validate the ticket price. That being said, I have several friends who are jealous that I even had the opportunity to witness this train wreck.

No comments: