Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Everyone Is A Critic: Bravesfanc

One of the things I love about Netflix are the member reviews. When I find someone who interests me I add them to my followers list and keep an eye open for any new reviews.

This week we say hello to Bravesfanc. I appreciate his air of mystery by keeping his back to the camera.


BRAVESFANC




I'm 21 years old. Love to watch all types of movies. I just started rating every movie i rent, so if you ever want an opinion, add me.


(These are direct quotes, nothing has been changed to alter the review.)


RIGHTEOUS KILL
"Having both of these actors in the same movie is always a plus. I wasn't let down as I enjoyed most of this movie. A bit slow in the beginning but the pace quickly picked up. And I'm glad Pacino did this movie because the last movie that I saw him in '88 Minutes' was terrible. I was happy to see him do something smarter than that rubbish. De Niro plays his partner and you can tell they care for each other. Decent ending, answers your questions. Good movie." rated: 4 stars

PAUL BLART: MALL COP
"This is one of those rare times that a PG comedy had me laughing almost as much as an R rated comedy. Kevin James physical comedy carries this movie and had me laughing from beginning to end. Of course what he's able to do would never happen but that shouldn't bother you. This is great for the entire family. If you like Kevin James, then you will definately enjoy this movie." rated: 4.5 stars (he made note of the extra half star.)

WITLESS PROTECTION
"A decently funny movie. Not for everyone though. It's quite dumb so I don't think most adults would like it but if you're a fan of Larry the Cable guy you might enjoy this one. His analogies are pretty funny and there are a whole bunch of them in this movie." rated: 3 stars

HANCOCK
"Much better than expected. A good mix of action and comedy. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this movie. One of the better action/comedies I've seen in awhile. Some people might think it's dumb but I think it was well made. Smith does a good job, and even though in the beginning you can side with the people about how he handles things are wrong, you grow to like him. Theron does well along with Bateman. A pretty good movie that the family can enjoy." rated: 4 stars

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
"If you liked the other "Indiana Jones'" then you will enjoy this one. You just have to look past the things that he is able to do at his age to enjoy it. Because really, even if he were younger, the things that happen in this movie aren't very believable, but it doesnt really matter because it's entertaining. It's a perfect length of 2 hours and Shia LaBeouf once again impresses me. I still think 'The Last Crusade' was the best of the series, but like I said, if you're a fan of the series, this won't disappoint." rated: 4 stars

and finally

RATATOUILLE
"I heard a lot of great things about this movie but didn't see why. It was clever and accurate but I was bored. The problem was that it wasn't funny and most Pixar movies I like are decently funny with a good story. I just couldn't get into it." rated: 2 stars (I'd like to know what he means by accurate. What is the accuracy scale for a film about a talking rat who wants to cook?)

No comments: